Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Getting a BigPay pre-paid card and things you should know


bigpay_01.png

So I've been seeing BigPay ads everywhere and tbh wasn't attracted by it until my very own papa decides to intro to me.

Obviously he's counting the perks to me like counting his children, but I'm guessing that it won't appeal to me still if I don't have a Bali trip coming up in two weeks :)



Hence, last week (Saturday) I downloaded their app, and submitted my details for application. It took them less than an hour to approve and 3 working days for them to print and mail the card to me today (Wednesday)

Things you'll need to declare and submit on application:

  1. Basic info (Name, Age, Nationality, Gender, Address, Phone Number)
  2. Front and Back photo of your IC
  3. Enable TouchID or set a passcode to access BigPay app
  4. Top up RM20 as a starter fund 
  5. Referral code (if any)
I like how the application process is easy and quick, and all done on the app itself. 

Image result for download on appleImage result for download on play store




The first thing I see when I opened le envelope, is how the card itself is a nice shade of blue. Tiffany Blue, I guess? It's an alluring color for girls at heart (me!). The second thing I did was to look through their T&C that's printed on the other page. 

These are what I think people should know: 
  1. This card is not linked to your bank account, you need to top up to use it. 
  2. Everything is done on app (like block card, top up, manage expenses, check rates, link to your Airasia Big account)
  3. When you refer someone, they get RM10 and you get RM10 in your BigPay account
  4. Card limit from RM1500 (as approved by BigPay). You can't top up more than your card limit 
  5. Yes, there are fees, see below.
    • Joining Fee, RM10 refundable upon a minimum top-up of RM20
    • Reload / Top Up charges, FOC via online banking
    • Annual Fee Waived
    • Account Service Fee, RM2.50 for every inactive month (Waived until further notice)
    • ATM Withdrawal Fee, RM6 per transaction (local), RM10 per oversea transaction
    • Currency Conversion Fee, Network charges apply
    • Cross Border Transaction Fee, waived until further notice
    • Replacement Card Fee, RM20
    • Card Cancellation, Free
    • No Card to Card Transfer fees
    • Sales Draft Retrieval Fees, RM15 

There are some clauses / fees that are stated will be waived until further notice. This is particularly irking for me as I like everything to be clear cut from the go. But I guess this is what financial institutions do. 

What's more, BigPay is closely linked to the budget airline of the masses Airasia and is offering the pre-paid card at a low threshold. It stands to reason why they want to keep the fees alluring for new applicants. 

I'll test out the card on my trip two weeks later, and will be back to write on the experience 😉😉


Let's get RM10 together! My BigPayreferral code:


No comments: