Thursday, September 30, 2010

Join in the Fun, It's worth the wait



Last night I can't wait to get to sleep, so I can wake up as early as possible and get ready for convocation.

Tonight, I can't bear to sleep cause I'm afraid the excitement of today will be sizzled (die out maybe?) after I go into slumberland. Maybe a round of chess with Zhou Gong will enable me to forget about today's experience totally?

Ah, I saw someone writing End of our convocation is held when September ends :)

This year would be special. At least, the whole month would be special. Starting with the hubbub of the ever-changing convocation details, the surprising interview at istana, the very wind-blown interview @ UBD rehearsal, of course, all the pic taking, uploading, tagging in FB. Man I can;t believe that the picture uploading is still going on, and it's already Sunday!

What's more, a bunch of us are going for a class picture on Sunday. I bet it'll be fun. I so want a picture of that board in UBD (which has all of the graduates' names) Looking at it in Facebook makes me want to have a photo of it too, at least, for momento mah, such an expensive board.

I should feel nostalgic? Depressed? Perhaps sad that I'm leaving my years of study. Strangely I feel busy but happy. Not a trace of sadness yet, maybe it's cause I'm still seeing and talking to the same people online? Haha, all the twitter people are still so active. Wait for it, once everyone starts working then the excitement and chatter will dwindle.

I remembered: being heck nervous before going up on stage, and standing right in front of HM was definitely a dizzying experience. Ah I felt like everything was slo-mo for me. It's supposed to feel like that if I were to meet the man of my dreams or something. SOmeone please tell me if this is what falling in love feels like. No, I'm not in love with HM, I'm more of in awe and struck by his charisma, and oh gosh, I have to gush about his good looks.

Not sure if we were too noisy once we got off the stage, but the chatter was good. And ah, much thanks to the marshals for helping too, esp Wardah Azimah <3 Her words of encouragement kinda soothed me before heading up stage, kinda. Too bad we didn't get to take a lot of pictures with everyone due to traffic, family, lunchtime and all other things. Too bad. I liked what Nuridah said in her interview for one of the newspapers: Being in the robe makes the whole thing more real, and the fact that we're really graduating comes on so strong, or something along these lines. That robe may not be likable to some, but hey, we're in something special haha. Unforgettable bwah, we'll take out pictures and discuss about times with safety pins and double tapes and those different colored tudungs. Some peeps would be discussing about... maybe 10 plasters?




Much gratitude goes to everyone who helped me during these 4 years (peers, lecturers, librarian etc) Gd'luck!


COMBO POST
______________

Today is the day after the day I took pictures with peeps in the studio and also in UBD. Y'know I really can't pass up that gigantic board with all our names on it!

The evening sunrays was just nice. The breeze was just nice. The people was just nice :P That moment I was supposed to go home though, was a bit nostalgic, maybe reality finally set in :) Reality that comes in parts

That part where I don't have to wake up hell early and squeeze traffic with people in my kampong just so I can arrive at lecture theater all sleepy.

That part where classes just get canceled and I'd spend the hour grumbling then maybe off to The Mall and spend a bomb.

That part where we won't hold 'discussions' in classrooms which will somehow end up in munching and internet surfing or gossiping sessions. Haha, maybe throw in some make-up tips seminar into it too.

That part where I don't have to get all sasak with assignment and deadlines. Not to mention about the wrestling I did throughout 4 years with my printer, A4 paper and printer inks.

That part where I'll stroll down to the library and bask in books. Then I'll come out and perhaps meet a classmate or two and they'll go like "wah rajin eh go lib" I'll reply "No lah, borrow story books nia!"

That part whereby every few months or so I'll have to go register and get signatures from lecturers/lecturers-to-be for the semester. And perhaps a trip or two down to the Finance Dept and pay my dues.

There's too many parts, maybe I'll be able to recall all of them, maybe not. Maybe I'll forget some faces, maybe not. Maybes are really only maybes :)




.

No comments: